The Student Activities Committee of the Industrial Electronics Society (IES) offers some financial support to the IEEE-IES Student Members to attend IES Conferences.
We have allocated 30 student scholarship of $750 each for the following conferences in 2011:
- 4 scholarships for ICIT’2011Auburn, Alabama (USA), March 14 - 17, http://icit2011.auburn.edu/
- 2 scholarships for POWERENG’2011Malaga (Spain), May 11 - 13, http://www.powereng2011.net/
- 2 scholarship for DEST’2011Daejeon (Korea), May 31 - June 3, http://dest2011.debii.curtin.edu.au/
- 8 scholarships for ISIE’2011Gdansk (Poland), June 27 - 30, http://www.isie2011.pl/
- 2 scholarships for INDIN’2011Lisbon (Portugal), July 26-29, http://www.uninova.pt/indin2011/
- 2 scholarships for ETFA’2011Toulouse (France), September 5-9 , http://www.etfa-2011.org/
- 10 scholarships for IECON’2011Melbourne (Australia), November 7-10, http://www.iecon2011.org/
Applicants must fulfil the following conditions in order to apply to the IES Student Scholarship Program:
- be an active IEEE-IES Student Member
- reside outside the city in which the conference is held
- have a paper accepted at the Conference and be the person who will present it
A paper cannot be awarded more than one scholarship. A person cannot receive more than one scholarship each year.
Students interested in the IES Scholarship Program should fill up an application formallocated at http://ieee-ies.org/resources/media/students/forms/ieee_ies_app_form_2011.pdf and collect some additional documentation (short CV, copy of the accepted paper andstudent status certification). They should clearly indicate their IEEE membership number andtheir paper reference number. All material should be submitted in .PDF format by e-mail to:
Dr. Pedro Rodriguez
IEEE - IES Student Activities Committee Chair
, www: http://ieee-ies.org/index.php/students
Technical University of Catalonia / Renewable Electrical Energy Systems
Rambla Sant Nebridi s/n, 08222 – Terrassa-Barcelona, SPAIN
Scholarships applications submitted by students will be evaluated by a Committeeconstituted by the Chair of IES Student Activities Committee, IES President, ConferenceGeneral Chair, and IES Treasurer.
In case the number of applicants exceeds the budget, preference will be given to:
- students with the best qualified papers according with the review of each conference
- students who have not benefited from this program in the last two years.
Deadlines to apply for a grant under the IES Student Scholarships Program are as follows:
||February 1st, 2011
||March 15th, 2011
||April 1st, 2011
||May 1st, 2011
||June 1st, 2011
||July 1st, 2011
||September 1st, 2011
Student Travel Grants will be paid during conference, when recipient submit to IES Treasurer U.S. tax form W-8 and W-9 (http://ieee-ies.org/index.php/students/studapps)