Submission of a new manuscript for review
Dear Potential Authors:
I thank you very much for your interest in the IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine.
The IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine publishes peer-reviewed articles that present emerging trends and practices in industrial electronics, reports on products research and development, key insights presented by the leaders from academia and industry, as well as tutorials and surveys covering the theory and applications of electronics, controls, communications, instrumentation and computational intelligence in industrial and manufacturing systems and processes.
IMPORTANT: please try to communicate ideas with schemes, graphics, pictures and tables rather than with words and with words rather than with equations. Please compile an updated list of references with attention paid to articles published in IEEE Transaction on Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transaction on Industrial Informatics and IEEE Transaction on Mechatronics. The idea is that the article should be written for a wide audience that should be guided to probe further using Transactions papers.
Manuscripts submitted for review must be in single column format, double space with 12p fonts. All the figures should be included at the end. The PDF file should be readable (see PDF requirements).
In order to secure a fair review process authors' names and affiliations should be removed from the manuscript (they have to be entered only to MC electronic database). Please DO NOT submit authors bio or IEEE copyright form. The only file which has to be submitted is the manuscript in PDF format (MS Word files are also possible but please be sure that the file was properly converted by the submission system).
Choose if you want to submit an article as:
- "Main features": mainly tutorials and surveys but also application-oriented papers. No more than 16 pages (single column, double space, 12 font size) plus 8 figures or tables. The minimum number of figures or tables is 6
- "Past and present": short article presenting the application of an old theory to a new problem. A short abstract should explain the theory on which is based the paper and recent application or group of applications. No more than 4 pages with 4 figures or tables. The minimum number of figures or tables is 2
- "From mind to market": short articles presenting inventions and patents to enhance industry, environment and bottom line. A short abstract should explain the invention and patent highlighting its relevance and connection to an industrial product. No more than 4 pages with 4 figures or tables. The minimum number of figures or tables is 2
- "My view": a glance to the emerging trends in industrial electronics international community. No more than 2 pages with 2 figures or tables. It can be accepted even without figures.
- The industry forum is a new series created by the IEEE Industrial Electronics society to focus on industry including products, their directions and requirements for industrial electronics technologies, and standards. These technologies are the key IES areas of informatics, sensors and control, robotics, automation, power electronics and standards in these areas. A product focus includes the requirements of IES technologies in standard environments such as the factory and in diverse application areas such as robotics in the consumer, remote sensor control in the office and home, etc. The forum supports a discussions conferences and publications for section of the IES magazine.
I would like to inform you that we accept only electronic submission. Therefore, please submit your paper directly to the Manuscript Central (MC) following this procedure:
- Prepare manuscript in single column 12p format without information for authors' identification
- Open web page http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/iem-ieee
- Click on link "Instructions and Forms" located in the right top corner if you need help
- Click on very top right corner "Create Account" and fill all required fields with your personal data (unless you have your user account already). Please remember your email address used to create account - you may need it if you forget your password.
- Login and go to "Author Center" to submit your manuscript
- Choose the manuscript type as "Main features", "Past and present", "From mind to market" or "My view", please see above description.
- At this time, please do not upload any other files except the manuscript in PDF or WORD format (text and figures)
Copyright (c)2006 Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. All rights reserved. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE. For information on obtaining permission, send a blank email message to
. By choosing to view this document, you agree to all provisions of the copyright laws protecting it.